Steel Series Arctis 7 is a wireless gaming headset that comes with a very comfortable headband and has a premium sound along with long battery life. The arctis 7 mic quality is discord certified and a lot of reports have been registered of the Arctis 7 Mic Not Working issue.
This is a very frustrating issue and poses a problem while playing a game, but there are a few fixes for the issue. Some of the most common fixes for the SteelSeries arctis 7 mic not working error are mentioned below in the article.
How Do I Fix My Arctis 7 Microphone?
There are many arctis 7 mics not working error fixes and some of which are mentioned below.
1. Checking The Connections
If you have been complaining about the SteelSeries headset mic not working then performing some basic troubleshooting fixes can be performed. Ensure that the cable connections are proper and see if they are seated properly.
If there are no problems with the connectors, then try plugging it into a different headset and see if the problem is rectified.
2. Allow Access To The Microphone
Are you facing the SteelSeries arctis 5 mic not working frequently and are looking for ways to solve it? Check if the permission for the mic to be used is given by the user. To do this-
- Go to the search bar and type microphone and then click on the privacy settings.
- Under the allow section, make sure that the switch is toggled on, and the apps can access the microphone.
- Scroll down to choose the apps which can be accessed on the microphone and make sure that the app is toggled, and the microphone is turned on.
Check if the above-mentioned arctis 7 troubleshooting solution helps in resolving the problem and if it persists then check the next solution.
3. Update The Audio Driver
This is one of the most common reasons why the steelseries arctis 7 no sound error comes up. One should always make sure that the driver is up to date and to update is manually follow the steps mentioned below-
- Press the Win+ R keys on the keyboard and the run dialogue box appears, and then type control.
- In the control panel, select the large icons from the drop-down menu and click on the sound icon.
- In the playback, right-click on the headphones and select the properties tab.
- Under the controller, click on properties and change settings.
- Go to the Driver tab and select the option to update the driver.
- The windows will automatically search for updated driver software.
After making all of these updates in the audio driver, restart the device and check if the SteelSeries arctis 7 mics not working Windows 10 issue has been solved.
4. Adjust The Audio Settings
Whenever a new plugin is done in the audio device, the windows detect it automatically and it is set as a playback device. This is not the case always and sometimes the headset needs to be enabled and set manually as the default device.
Sometimes the users of the headset have complained that the SteelSeries arctis 7 won’t turn on which can be because of the set audio settings. To do this the user can-
- Press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard and open to run the dialogue box. Type control and then press enter.
- Select the control panel and the large icons from the drop-down menu, and then click on the sound icon.
- Click to start the recording and then in the right space inside the device list select and see the disabled devices.
- Right-click on the headset and then select enable.
- Right-click on it again and then set it as a default device.
- Click on the headset and select properties
- Click on the levels tab and drag the volume slider to the highest.
- Click on OK to save the made changes and check if the arctis 7 microphones not working issue has been resolved.
5. Configure The Steelseries Engine Software
For the arctis 7 mic sounds muffled issue, the user needs to download and install the latest SteelSeries software. The engine might have many important configurations which are required to unlock the full functionality of the headset.
To complete this, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Download the latest series engine software.
- Once the download is completed, open the setup and completes the installation process for the engine.
- Open the engine and then disconnect arctis 7 and reconnect it.
- Once the engine recognizes the headset, click on the device that is displayed.
- The configurations will be opened up, and the live mic preview can be tested.
- Test the microphone to check if the arctis 7 mics not working PS5 issue is resolved and adjust the settings accordingly.
How To Fix The Arctis 7 Not Connected Issue?
1. Pair the headset
To fix this connection issue, it is recommended that the headset is paired with the device. Try removing the transmitter cable and then turn it off. Connect the transmitter again with the device and turn on the headset. Use the power button to do so.
2. Use a CC cleaner
The next recommendation was to use the CC cleaner to clear up the registry files and remove the SSE system. It is a free program that will help in removing the files and keep the device clean and efficient.
3. Use a cable
The arctis pro mic not working issue can also be occurring because of the wireless feature of the headset which can be worked upon by using a cable and then checking if the problem is fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Turn On My Mic In Arctis 7?
Press the Windows key and I at the same time to open the settings and click on privacy. Under that click on the microphone and allow the apps to make the access. Many users who have complained that the SteelSeries arctis 7 won’t turn on can follow this procedure.
- Why Is My Arctis Pro Mic Not Working?
The most common reason might be that the mic is muted which can further cause the arctis 7 mic not working discord error. The headset should be set as a default device or the sound card might be corrupted.
The most common errors that are faced in the working of the SteelSeries arctis 7 include the arctis 7 mic not working, SteelSeries arctis 7 mic quiet issues, which might be resolved with a SteelSeries arctis 7 mic test.
This article provides some of the most trustable fixes for the arctis 7p mic not working PS4 error along with the others.
Read More- FULL LIST OF THE BEST SPELLBREAK COMBOS