Have you been encountering the FFXIV lobby server error while playing the game? The final fantasy xiv games were released in 2010 and it was the fourteenth entry in the final fantasy series. This series has been very popular for a long time and it continues to hold its popularity.
A lot of users have registered that the ffxiv the lobby server connection has encountered an error while they were trying to play the game. Certain fixes are combined in this article to get rid of this error.
What Are The Causes Of The FFXIV Lobby Error 2002?
After analyzing the user feedback and going through all the mentioned fixes, certain ways can be used to get rid of the error. There are some causes of the ff14 lobby server error which are mentioned further in the article-
1. The windows antivirus and firewall
In some of the cases, the antivirus and firewall are very useful for the device and software for maintaining the health of the computer whereas in this it can perform a malfunction activity and prevent the FFXIV game files from being launched properly.
2. The WTFast service
It is a very popular software among the entire gaming community and has many different benefits which can sometimes block the functioning of the FFXIV.
It has certain incompatibilities which can stop the software from functioning properly and the screen shows ffxiv the lobby server connection has encountered an error. This software can end up disabling the working of the software and shows the error 2002.
3. Windows update
If the windows service has malfunctioned in the background, then it can prevent the applications from running on the computer. When it prevents the working of the application the error might be triggered.
4. The DNS cache
Sometimes when the router and computer acquire corrupted cache and this can hinder the functioning of the computer. This restricted network access might lead to the fantasy requiring some extra features.
5. Port forwarding
All the applications on the device can be connected to the internet using the network ports and these are essential for proper communication. These ports sometimes require an application that is blocked by the computer the issue might be triggered.
6. Using the service account
In certain cases, the unregistered service account can trigger the FFXIV error and this issue can simply be fixed by following some steps.
How To Fix The FFXIV Lobby Server Connection Error 2002?
Before starting to fix the error, the user might need to take the power adapter of the router out of the socket and then wait for it to settle down.
Then they need to detach the power chords and then shut them down completely. After the user waits for a couple of minutes, they should reinsert the adapter and then start the working of the network signals.
To enable the ethernet cable the user needs to “ctrl+ Shift+ Esc” key and then the bandwidth that is running in the background. After this, the browser should be opened and check the servers. Some of the solutions for the 2002 error ffxiv are mentioned below-
1. Press the Windows + R key and then open the run box and search for the control panel.
2. From the top right corner select the view and then the large icons of the screen. After this click on the windows defender firewall.
3. Select an application to be defended from the firewall from the left pane.
4. Now click on the change settings and check both the public and private boxes parallel to the entries.
5. Check and see if the fixes resolve the error.
1. Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard and then open the run box and then search for the control panel and then from the top right corner and then set the view option. Open the large icons and click on the defender firewall. Turn the defender firewall off and then type “cmd” on the keyboard to open the administrator.
2. Type the command and then scroll down until the default getaway is seen under the ethernet and then copy the gateway address and paste it in the browser’s search bar.
3. From the left pane navigate to the security and then choose the basic security and then locate the firewall section from the right and then select the parallel to disable the function.
4. Some of the routers also have the option of block ICMP and if any options are seen then make sure that these are located parallel to each other.
1. Press the Windows + I key and then from the keyboard and then open the run box. Click on the antivirus software and then click on the uninstall option.
2. After uninstalling the software the user can check if the error is still present on the device.
1. Press the Windows + R key and then click on the keyboard to open the run box and type “cmd” and then open and run it as an administrator.
2. Type all the required commands one by one and then hit enter to execute them and then reset all the services and check if this is an appropriate lobby server connection error ffxiv.
1. Launch a browser on the computer and then download the express VPN on the computer.
2. Double click on the downloaded installer file and then follow all the instructions to install the VPN.
3. After the VPN is installed click on the connect button located at the center of the screen.
4. When the VPN gets connected, check if the error persists or if it is terminated.
Flush the cache
1. Press the Windows + R key and then open the run box and then open it as an administrator.
2. Type the required commands and then execute them by pressing enter.
1. Press the Windows + I key and then open the settings and select the network internet.
2. Navigate the status and then select the network reset option from the right side of the window.
3. Click on the reset button and then reset the network settings and see if the error persists or is resolved.
1. Press the Windows + R key and then open the run box and run it as an administrator.
2. Type the command and enter it so that it gets executed.
3. Scroll down until the default getaway is located under ethernet or the wi-fi.
4. Copy the router’s address and then paste it into the browser’s search bar.
5. Open the internet settings and then forward it to expand and select DMZ.
6. Click on the parallel located radio button to see if the error is resolved.
All the above-mentioned fixes resolve the “ffxiv can’t connect to data center” error and are used by many users. Many people have been facing the ffxiv the lobby server connection has encountered an error and it can be resolved by following some simple troubleshooting solutions.
Do you want to look for some simple ways to solve the FFXIV error? This article gives an in-detail description to follow which will solve the error.