Is your game Call of Duty Modern Warfare crashing after the update? Is it ruining your gaming experience? Well, you are not the only one! It seems like every player is having crashing issues on their PC frequently. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare is one of the best games, but it is also annoying at the same time when it randomly crashes down on your computer. MODERN WARFARE CRASHING PC
Many times, the computer shows a message of the Modern Warfare Crashing PC no error, but in reality, the user still faces various issues.
You see all sorts of Dev error codes even in the single-player game, and end up wondering, what is the actual cause of this bug?
KNOW A PLAYER’S STORY!
Call of Duty Modern Warfare has received great feedback for its multiplayer functionalities, plots, graphics, design, gameplay, and much more.
And guess what? It still remains the best-selling game worldwide.
However, the users will tell you a different story now!
Many have complained that their game crashes randomly, which bothers them a lot.
Are your gaming buddies bearing the same issue?
If your answer is yes, we think we can help you and your mates to get your computer free from crashes.
Today, we will talk about the easiest ways to fix the game, but before moving forward to the main content, let’s find out some common causes behind this chaos.
MOST PROBABLE REASONS FOR CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE CRASH
- It happens due to incompatible hardware and device drivers
- V-sync or G-sync
- Defective or corrupt game files
- Outdated Windows OS
- Software conflicts
- In-game overlay
- Texture quality settings
- Incompatible or outdated video drivers or audio drivers
So now that you know the factors that could cause crashes, let’s move ahead to solve these problems. No matter how bigger the issue is, you can fix it with our seven tested methods.
7 WAYS TO FIX THE CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE CRASH
Here we have explained how to fix the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare PC crash:
- Method 1: To repair the game, close all background apps
Firstly, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to shut down all the apps running in the background. Sometimes, your antivirus software might try to protect you from any suspicious activity and cause a crash. So you might have to shut it down as well to stop it from causing Modern Warfare crashes on launch PC.
- Method 2: Set texture quality to Normal or High
Various COD users usually set their graphics settings to Low, and it might be the root cause of Modern Warfare Warzone crashing PC.
So Modern Warfare may face some issues for not having enough texture quality, especially for those who see dev error 6178 Modern Warfare. You can solve these crashing issues by setting your Texture Resolution to High or Normal.
Here’s how to do it:
1. First of all, open Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
2. Go to Options, click on Game Settings, and then Graphics.
3. In the Details & Texture tab, turn the Texture Resolution to High or Normal.
Keep everything on the lowest settings, except Texture Filter Anisotropic on High.
And we would like to add one more thing to this method!
All Of Duty Modern Warfare Crashing PC
Do not forget to turn off Sync Every Frame (V-Sync). Later on, try playing the game again to see if the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Crashing PC is still there or not.
If the issue persists, you can try our next method.
- Method 3: Scan and Repair your game
Have you run into the COD MW PC crashing issue again? Then this fix might be the best solution for you.
There are times, we don’t think about corrupt game files, which are the main culprit to cause COD Cold War crashing PC or COD Modern Warfare issues.
If you are on Steam, then you can fix this mess.
1. Go to your game library and right-click Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Then, select Properties.
2. Now, go to the Local Files tab and tap on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
3. If you are on Blizzard Battle.net, things might be easy for you. All you have to do is locate Modern Warfare.
4. Then, click, Options, then Scan and Repair.
- Method 4: Stop Overclocking
Are you overlocking your CPU?
Then, you are doing a mistake here, and you need to stop!
It can indeed improve your gaming performance, but the dark side is that it might leave your game unstable. Thus, it may cause Call Of Duty Modern Warfare or Call Of Duty Cold War Crashing PC.
After overlocking your CPU, if the game begins to crash, then you can lower it back to the default settings.
It will be enough to reduce the problems you are experiencing.
- Method 5: Disable NVIDIA V-Sync for Modern Warfare
The V-Sync in Call of Duty Modern Warfare is G-Sync/FreeSync. It may interfere with the game, so we suggest you turn it off to get rid of the crashing issues.
If you have turned on your in-game V-sync, you can easily disable it in Modern Warfare graphics settings.
Have a look at the steps below to turn off V-Sync in NVIDIA Control Panel:
1. First, right-click on your desktop, a menu will pop up, then select NVIDIA Control Panel
2. Now, go to the 3D Settings and click on Manage 3D Settings.
3. Then, tap in the Program Settings tab and add your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\ModernWarfare.exe
4. Keep scrolling down the list until you see Vertical sync.
5. Click on Off for Vertical sync and tap on it to apply.
6. Lastly, launch your game again to see if the Modern Warfare crashes are still there.
Did it work?
If it did not, then you can try out the other fixes for Modern Warfare Crashing PC 2020 mentioned below:
- Method 6: Disable Discord in-game overlay
Are you a Discord user?
Then, disabling the In-Game Overlay will cause random game crashes on your computer.
Check out the instructions below to remove the crashes:
1. Open your Discord and go to its settings icon.
2. On the left pane, navigate to the Overlay tab.
3. Now, toggle off Enable in-game overlay, and your work’s done.
If you wish to shut down in-game overlay just for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, all you have to do is go to the Games tab. Then toggle off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Let’s move forward to the last method for Call Of Duty Modern Warfare crash fix PC.
- Method 7: Change Priority
Did you know setting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to the high priority can fix the crashing issues?
Nope, we didn’t say that!
It is what some of the players are saying.
Like our previous six methods, this one is the tested method too so, check it out.
According to few gamers, this reduces the number of crashes to zero.
To do it, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, open the game.
2. Then, open Task manager, and to do that, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
3. Next, go to the Details tab.
4. Right-click once you find the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.exe.
5. Now, tap on Select Priority and click on High.
6. Change the priority when it asks for permission to make changes.
We hope these seven simple and easy methods were effective for you, to solve Call of Duty: Modern Warfare crashes. If you have tried everything, but still it doesn’t get fixed, then try reinstalling the game or contact a professional for help.
Don’t let a small crash spoil your gameplay!